E. Stadium Bridges Dedication Ceremony is Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 10 a.m.

Press release from the City of Ann Arbor

—–

E. Stadium Bridges Dedication Ceremony is Tuesday, May 14, 10 a.m.

ANN ARBOR, Mich., April 11, 2013 — A brief dedication ceremony for the City of Ann Arbor’s E. Stadium Bridges Replacement Project will be held at 10 a.m., Tuesday, May 14, 2013 near 1501 S. State Street, next to the E. Stadium Boulevard Bridge over S. State Street. Congressman John Dingell will be joined with representatives from the national Department of Transportation, as well as officials from MDOT, Washtenaw County, City of Ann Arbor, project contractors, neighbors, and the general public. Temporary public parking will be available on the UM Red Lot adjacent to the bridge over S. State Street.

Within 12 months, the E. Stadium Bridges Reconstruction Project built two new bridges, on-street bike lanes, a new sidewalk on the south side–and a widened sidewalk along the north side–of E. Stadium Boulevard, a new sidewalk along the west side of S. State Street with a signalized pedestrian crossing of the railroad tracks, two staircases connecting E. Stadium Boulevard to S. State Street, ADA-compliant facilities with an accessible path between S. State Street and E. Stadium Boulevard, storm water quality
improvements, new water mains, improvements to Rose-White Park, landscaping, and many other features.

The City of Ann Arbor received funding from the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) for $13.9 million in TIGER II Discretionary Grant Funding, and about $1.67 million and $1.20 million, respectively, in Local Bridge Program and Transportation Enhancement Funding. All told, the City received about $16.8 million (or about 73 percent of the total estimated project costs) in state and federal funds to complete the project. The remaining 27 percent of the project was funded via various city sources including the Ann Arbor voter-approved Street and Bridge Resurfacing & Reconstruction Millage as the required local-match for the grants. Public notifications of developments in the E. Stadium Bridges project have been posted at http://www.annarborbridges.org.

The previous E. Stadium Bridges were built in 1928. The bridges carry more than 24,000 vehicles per day.

Visit the Ann Arbor Bridges website: http://www.annarborbridges.org
Follow project updates on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AnnArborBridges
Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AnnArborBridges

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s