This recipe is assembled from a variety of sources; I’ll update when I’ve actually made it myself to report back.
The basic idea is that you make a dressing of mayo thinned with a little vinegar, and you use equal part shredded kohlrabi and shredded apple in the salad. Mustard is a common seasoning.
Some variations on the theme, with links to recipes:
- AllRecipes adds prepared mustard, lemon juice, and sugar to the dressing
- Epicurious replaces the mayo with heavy cream and adds some chopped parsley and mustard
- Boston Organics follows Epicurious but replaces parsley with mint
- The Floating Kitchen adds carrots, and replaces the mayo with Greek yogurt
- Martha Stewart dresses the slaw with olive oil and lemon juice and skips the mayo
- Edible Twin Cities adds some fennel to the salad
I could continue but this is enough meta-information to head to the kitchen.