I'm trying my best to track every bill that affects Freedom of Information Act laws in Michigan.
The method runs as follows:
1. Go to the Michigan Legislative Website, where bills and their status are shown.
2. Search bill text for "Freedom of information".
3. Note with (dismay? amazement?) that 14 bills are found, 4 on the Senate side, 10 on the House side. Realize that this includes legislation that refers to FOIA laws but does not change them.
4. Realize that there's no time at this particular instant to read through all the bills, but that needs to be done; save this post as a draft.
5. Realize that even a draft should be published, and publish it, hoping that I can come back later and zero in on a speedier approach.
The burden of diligence.